So, I guess I am in a caramel apple mood this year.
And since we have an apple tree in the backyard, I decided to caramel the rest of them.
Madi picked them all for me.
Don't they look delicious?
But I'll be honest, my family won't eat all of these before they go bad. Unless I make them more appealing. ☺
In anticipation of this I bought the Kraft caramels. But, since I waited a couple of days the caramels were half gone by the time I decided to make them! So, I tried homemade caramel.
Sugar, corn syrup, water, heavy cream, butter & vanilla. Mmmm...
Happy helper!
Sydney made sure to give the apples a hug & kiss.
Stab them with sticks, and... they're ready to dunk.
Well, as soon as this caramel cools a bit.
Notice the sugar crystals around the edge of the pan?
Those are NOT good for caramel. SO, my first attempt at homemade caramel was grainy. ☹
But, still delicious!
After the dunking, they get a roll in the tropical toppings. Toasted coconut, macadamia nuts & white chocolate chunks.
Delightful!!
Of all the toppings we tried this apple season,
this was my favorite!
And here it is! My very own Tropical Caramel Apple!
And, when we ran out of the tropical toppings, I dipped the rest of the caramelized apples in melted white chocolate & cinnamon sugar. These ended up tasting more like candied apples. Mmm...
And here is my Sydney-Boo with her typical 2 year old Cheeeesy grin, enjoying her caramel apple.
I do plan on making some caramel again. I have to figure out how to make it smooooth & delicious.
☺

No comments:
Post a Comment