So finally, Brittany was all ready to go. Blood drawn, all dressed up in hospital garb, starving, and we wait. The hospital always seems to offer a hurry up and wait situation. Wait.... hurry up . and . wait.............
This day offered Brittany an awesome opportunity to stand for what she knows to be Jehovah's will, but is not popular in today's world.
At Primary Children's Medical Center they require a parent to sign a waver that says they can give the child blood if needed during surgery. We had talked to the surgeon about not taking blood before this day, but being new to the hospital (and this great state of Utah,) he was not aware of the requirement. Several men came out and talked to us saying that I must sign the paper. They assured us that Brittany would not need blood so, "it's no big deal if you just sign the paper." Then we were informed that REGARDLESS of our stand, if they determined that she needed blood, they would give it to her. (Please know that there are many bloodless alternatives in this day & age.) This went on and back & forth for about an hour with different people coming out to talk to us. Finally, we just walked out of the waiting room.
(Thankfully I had Brittany's belongings so she could change.)
So after 4 hours spent prepping & waiting with no food, not to mention the thoughts & feelings Britt must have had leading up to that day, we went down to the cafeteria for some food and a bit of a meltdown.
You know when you have so much stress built up inside and then it's over... Brittany was relieved, frustrated, sad, among many other feelings simultaneously. I was so proud of her! And reminded her that Jehovah God was proud of her too.
And we left the hospital around noon. I don't remember if the kids stayed with Heather for the rest of the day or went somewhere else. I apologize if someone else helped out and I've forgotten.
Anyway, back up the hill that I had driven up so many times since October 9. Mark was getting ready for surgery again. He had been through several over the two weeks prior, but this was the big one. Again, that whole hurry up and wait thing going on. Mark was waiting to have his feet amputated. Mark made his stand on No Blood that day too. They respect the decision a little better coming from an adult. Once he went in, it seemed like F O R E V E R . . . My good friend Holly waited with me ALL DAY. We had some food. We talked about a lot of different things. They finally called me in at 11pm to say I could see Mark. A very long & tough day. But, it's all good. We are a family that truly loves & stands by each other through thick & thin.
There are good things that came from Mark's surgery & hospital stay that I as a wife & mother am VERY thankful for. I remind Mark of these things when he is feeling down.
Two days later we moved from our house of 5 years, the one we planned on staying in. Mark was still in the hospital until November 19.
Thanks to all of my friends & family that packed our junk (there's a LOT of it,) and helped us move! It had to be the most impressive move ever! So many people came to help it went very quickly. Everyone worked together to take care of me & my family.
Thank you, thank you for your loving kindness.
Now today, October 23, 2010, I will go to the memorial service for my very encouraging friend, Lyn Campbell. Sick & in pain everyday, she was always asking how everyone else was. Showing loving concern for others rather than focusing on herself. She was a faithful servant of Jehovah up until her death. I will miss her and look forward to seeing her in the New System.
That's where I'm at today, in a nutshell.
Hugs & Kisses
❤
No comments:
Post a Comment