| Madi holding Gypsy (Grandma Patty's dog.) |
Day 2 I took Madi & Sydney for a drive up to Bear Lake with Rebecca, whom I haven't seen in what seems like a million years. The company was great & drive was beautiful!
| Yes I did take this pic. Brit was wondering, so I thought I'd confirm. LOL |
Pizza at Bear Lake Pizza Co. is Delicious! And the gift shop at the pizzeria is FULL of wonderful Bear Lake treats. We had some chocolate covered raspberries. Thanks, Rebecca!
| Sydney is talking to the bear. "See Bear, see the ball, Bear?" |
Tried to go to the lake, but since it's low, this is as close as we got. But, Oohh, how Beautiful!
| Sydney wanted to take ALL of the rocks home. |
Time to start heading home because we are on a schedule. Meeting up with Heather in Salt Lake for girls night at 6. But first a couple of quick stops in the Logan area. Logan is lovely by, the way.
Pepperidge Farms to buy Goldfish (a huge bag of green ones,) cookies galore & a couple of cakes.
Creamies Factory Store to buy Creamies, Fat Boys, & Casco Nut Sundaes. Mmmm...
![]() |
| What's in here? |
No time for the dairy on this trip. We'll have to come back another day.
Gas up the car & head down the canyon.
Back at home, Rebecca had the pleasure of meeting the whole family in our natural habitat. LOL
Then she & I left for Salt Lake City to meet Heather at Red Iguana.
Dinner was delicious! But the feeling of being rushed, not so appreciated.
Shall we go to a movie at Gateway? Why not?
Too late for "Social Network" so "Life as We Know It" was playing next. It was pretty good.
A walk through Discovery Gateway to get to the parking lot. Heather is PRO at spinning the color wheels.
Then hugs goodbye. What a great day with Rebecca and I had a blast at girls night! Lots of laughs. :)
Heather dropped me off at the train.
Aah... public transportation... great when everything goes as planned, not so fun at midnight when the switch is stuck & the trained stopped for an hour. Blah.
Thankfully Christian came and picked me up at the next station so I could be done with that.
Thanks Christian!!
Madi had Tristan over for a sleepover. Always fun!
Day 3 starts with me thinking, "I need to go back to work to get a rest!" And. . . we get ready to go to Hogle Zoo! Kids love the zoo, right? Everybody pile in the car... my 3 girls & Tristan. We'll stop to pick up Taige & Tia on the way. I figure if you're taking kids to the zoo, you might as well make it count. :)
| Where does everybody want to go? LOL |
| Momma & baby. |
So... where does everybody want to go now?
| Madi gave up on navigating with the map & decided to use it for shade. |
| Buddies! |
| Click on this one. Some how I managed to get the kids in focus while the rest is in a blur. Pretty cool! |
Too fun! You would think as a mother of 4 that I would know better than to let the 2 year old ride a fun ride at the BEGINNING of the visit. Aah the joy it brought each & everytime we walked by the carousel. Because in the mind of a 2 year old, we should be able to ride it all day long. Poor Sydney thought I was just being mean for not letting her ride it 20 times. :(
| And in this pic, I just happened to get Britt in the background without even knowing it! |
AND... here is Tristan. NOT on the carousel. Why? You ask... Because I counted wrong when I bought the tickets and didn't have enough. So I ran over to the carousel people to ask if she could get on with everyone while I go buy the ticket. One person said, "Yes!" Then the other person started the ride without her. : \ So the first person says, "You can still buy a ticket and let her ride the next one." Apparently this person does not have kids & never was a kid. How fun is it to ride a ride by yourself after the rest of your group already rode it together? It's NOT!! DUH!!
Thank you Tristan for being a good sport! I know, I'm lame. Maybe Sydney can teach me how to count. LOL
Here's a pic for Grandmas. :)
My view of Sydney for a lot of our time at the zoo. She can run fast!
Check out this group of kids! Missing Sydney because the elephant made a loud noise & she ran away! Far, far away! LOL
Then we saw giraffes, big cats, the little critters in the stinky building, etc.
Rode the train!
| I made sure to get another ticket, so we had enough. :) |
Discovery Land... Let's play!
| Sydney loves slides! |
| Hatchlings |
| Taige the Turtle on his back. :) |
Time to go home. We stopped at Arctic Circle for chocolate dipped ice cream cones. Dropped Taige & Tia off at home. I hope you got some good rest, Melanie. Then drive to our house where people were waiting to eat dinner. :)
Mark's family came over for a visit. It was Claudette's anniversary. A tough day for all of us. We sure do miss Gumey. So, pizza from The Pie, and some time to visit was good. Then Madi went for a sleep over at Tristan's house. :)
Day 4 Mark was worn out, so we listened to the meeting while the kids went. I made more caramel apples. I'm kind of on a quest to figure out the best way to make them.
Our good friend Rick & Chris brought dinner over that evening. Polish sausage & scalloped potatoes. Mmmm.... (I'm eating leftovers right now!) It was a wonderful evening!
Day 5 was Date Day! I got to spend the whole day with Mark! We went to Gateway to drop the computer off at the Apple store. Then some shopping (Thank you Mark!) an early dinner at Z'Tejas, dessert at Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory, and Cappucinos at Starbucks (Thanks Lindsay, they were delicious!) Madi & I went for a mini shopping trip that evening. A wonderful day!
And finally Day 6 finds me at home relaxing. I get to have a late lunch with a good friend. So... looking forward to it! Parent Teacher conference later to find out how Madi is doing. Tomorrow I will be back at work, probably for 8 days straight!
I have had a wonderful "Stay-cation!"



Wow, you sure know how to pack it in! Sounds like you had so much fun (even if it was a little exhausting). I did that same thing the last time I visited Utah, packed it so full that I ended up having to cancel things because I was so tired!
ReplyDeleteI should have read your post earlier... I just finished making carmel apples (I'm gonna dip them in chocolate like at the Chocolate factory) but I think I didn't cook the carmel long enough, it is looking pretty soft... hopefully I can get the chocolate on there with out it all falling off! Eek!
Glad you're making such wonderful memories with your friends and family, wish I could have tagged along to some of those adventures. Maybe at Christmastime. :)
I certainly think you need to at least come a see me when you are in town. :)
ReplyDeleteWhere do you get all that energy? You're so brave, taking so many to the zoo! Looks like the most fun stay-cation ever!
ReplyDeleteThere were other parents at the zoo for the big group. I just had my 6, one of which was Brit. :)
ReplyDelete