What do you do with a shrunken wool sweater? Repurpose it into mittens & ear warming headbands!
We cut Sydney's mittens out of the body, & Madi's fingerless gloves out of the sleeves. This sweater had a big cowl neck, so we used that to make two headbands. Then I used the rest of the body to make a purse for Sydney. She insisted... and it turned out pretty cute.
 |
| Sydney is very proud of her super soft & warm mittens. |
 |
| Madi is excited about those fabulous buttons. |
 |
She finished the edges herself with a blanket stitch.
(You can see them in the next pic.) |
This was a fun little project that only took about an hour.
After our mitten making.... I gave haircuts. :)
 |
| Sydney is holding her new pink purse to match the mittens & headband. |
❤
Oh my! I love it! So cute.
ReplyDelete